TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:52:51 EST 2023

Greg,

Yes, the forum should be open. The first requests from the person were
replied to politely.

At some point a pattern was emerging of lots of fairly irreverent posts by
someone who is having trouble shifting programming paradigms. The suggestion
was then made as a SUGGESTION by several people that "some" of their
questions might be better asked on the tutor list where others new to python
may have similar questions and can learn.

This forum has all kinds of people and of course many topics are of more
interest to some that others. Programming styles differ too and I note some
here reacted to a suggestion that maybe constants could be more efficiently
be initiated in ways that use less resources. Some insisted it makes more
sense to be able to type what you want more compactly. Yes, of course,
multiple ways are equally valid especially as now, efficiency is not seen as
a major goal.

The reality is that several mailing lists are intended to be used for
occasional questions and people who have more serious needs should be using
local resources or taking courses and reading books as their main learning
method. An occasional question is welcomed. A barrage is an position and a
barrage where most of the answers are ignored or claimed to be wrong, can
generate an "attitude" some of us find less than appealing.

I continue to believe that a programmers job is to learn how to use a
language well, or switch languages, and not to keep moaning why it does not
do what you want or expect. Many answers have suggested how the OP can solve
some issues and apparently that is not of interest to them and they just
keep complaining.

I speak for nobody except myself. As I have said, I have chosen to not
respond and become frustrated.