Am I banned from Discuss forum?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:59:39 EST 2023

On 2/10/23 14:10, Marco Sulla wrote:
> I was banned from the mailing list and Discuss forum for a very long time.
> Too much IMHO, but I paid my dues.
>
> Now this is my state in the forum:
> - I never posted something unrespectful in the last months
> - I have a limitation of three posts per threads, but only on some threads
> - Some random posts of mine are obscured and must be restored manually by
> moderators
> - I opened a thread about the proposal of a new section called
> Brainstorming. It was closed without a reason.
> - I can't post links
> - Two discussions I posted in section Idea were moved to Help, without a
> single line of explanation.
>
> If I'm not appreciated, I want to be publicly banned with a good reason, or
> at least a reason.

Your posts are showing up on the mailing list here just it seems.  I
didn't know there was a Discourse forum.  Is it supposed to be sync with
the mailing list and USENET?  Or is it intended to replace this mailing
list?  I rarely see Python devs on this list, so maybe they've chosen to
hang out exclusively in Discourse, which would be unfortunate.

The Discourse format has never appealed to me. It's way to unstructured
and gamified.  I much prefer the mailing list, but alas it seems like
most open source projects are moving to Discourse.