Is npyscreen still alive?

Tim Daneliuk info at tundraware.com
Mon Apr 24 19:10:56 EDT 2023

On 4/24/23 09:14, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:
>> The other big advantage of an ncurses program is that since curses
>> support is in the std library, a curses app is simpler to distribute.
>
>    IIRC curses is not in the standard library /on Windows/. I miss
>    a platform independent (well, at least for Linux, Mac, and
>    Windows) package with curses features in the standard library.

That's correct (or was, last time I looked).  For this reason, I
resorted to using tkinter for the twander file browser.  While
it works, the code needs a complete rethink and to be written
to be Python3 compatible.  Perhaps when/if that happens, something
like Textual need serious consideration.

tkinter works, but is showing its age.  So a fresher look without
all the burden of X and or requiring a browser, while also giving
you that option is appealing.