Windows installer from python source code without access to source code

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 06:26:20 EDT 2023

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 at 20:24, Jim Schwartz <jschwar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I am writing an app but I’m not sure I’ll sell it yet. I have it in a private GitHub location and GitHub prompts me for a license. I don’t really understand licenses so I just picked Apache 2.0. Maybe I’m going too far with my worry about which license I pick. I’m not selling it now so it doesn’t matter. I have to do a lot more work before I get to that point

When you put license terms on something, that is a *legal statement*.
Read the license you're applying and don't just pick for the sake of
picking. By applying this license, you are granting legal permission
for anyone to redistribute your code in source or object form.

On the plus side, you've just made all questions of obfuscating your
source code completely irrelevant :)

ChrisA