problem downloading python

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 14 12:34:33 EDT 2022

On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 11:42:39 +0200, "carlharrison"
<info at carlharrisondesign.com> declaimed the following:

>I am working on a PC with windows 10 and use Eset internet security. I have
>tried downloading  python 3.10.7 for windows. Using a tutorial I see that a
>checkbox should appear called "Add python 3/7 to path" but this does not
>appear whichever version I try to download. I wondered if Eset was stopping
>this somehow and tried it with Eset switched off but the result is the same.
>Can you help?

	Download from where? (There are a number of distributions available,
including ones in the M$ "app" store, Visual Studio, etc.)

	"Add Python..." is a step when RUNNING the installer. It should not
appear when DOWNLOADING the installer.

	The general sequence is:

		Download the installer file for the distribution.

		RUN the installer program to install Python (and any other stuff
the distribution includes)

		Hide the installer program/icons -- since they do NOT run Python
itself. Pure Python is run from a command line/shell interface; it is NOT a
graphical IDE.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/