How to fix Python error, The term '.../python.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program, in VS Code?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 12 12:12:18 EDT 2022

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:40:31 -0700, LouisAden Capellupo
<louisadencap at yahoo.com> declaimed the following:

>     So basically, I get, "The term '...\python.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script, file, or operable program... At line: 1 char: 3." It works the first way I showed with Code Runner, but the second or original way doesn't work. What if I don't want to use Code Runner? Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if certain things are unclear as this is my first time using Python.

	What happens if you change the system to use the "command" shell
INSTEAD OF PowerShell?

	PowerShell may not honor the same environment variables.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/