How to fix Python error, The term '.../python.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program, in VS Code?

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:15:27 EDT 2022

On 10/11/22, LouisAden Capellupo via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
> Variables. C:\Users\It'sMeLil'Loui\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts\,
> and C:\Users\It'sMeLil'Loui\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\.

I suggest that you switch to a user account that doesn't have single
quotes in the name. Using a name that contains single quotes is asking
for trouble. In most command-line shells, which includes PowerShell
(but not CMD), a literal (verbatim) string is contained by single
quotes. The shell usually consumes the quote character if it's not
escaped. See the following sections of the PowerShell documentation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_quoting_rules?view=powershell-7.2#single-quoted-strings

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_quoting_rules?view=powershell-7.2#including-quote-characters-in-a-string