Request for assistance (hopefully not OT)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:55:58 EDT 2022

On 5/17/22 05:20, o1bigtenor wrote:
> What can I do to correct this self-inflicted problem?

Those are always the fun ones.  Reminds me of when I was first learning
Linux using Red Hat Linux 5.0 or 5.1.  This was long before nice
dependency-solving tools like apt.  I wanted to install and run
StarOffice, but it needed a newer libc (this was during the painful
transition from libc5 to glibc6).  I ended up removing libc which
*everything depends on, trying to get the glibc update installed.
Needless to say that broke the entire system. Nothing but a reinstall
could be done in those days.

Anyway, good luck. I think you can rescue it yet following the advice
others have given.