Request for assistance (hopefully not OT)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:37:42 EDT 2022

On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 04:05, Loris Bennett <loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> [snip (26 lines)]
>
> > I think you had a problem before that.  Debian testing is not an
> > operating system you should be using if you have a fairly good
> > understanding of how Debian (or Linux in general) works.
>
> Should be
>
>   I think you had a problem before that.  Debian testing is not an
>   operating system you should be using *unless* you have a fairly good
>   understanding of how Debian (or Linux in general) works.
>
> [snip (62 lines)]

Oh! My bad, didn't see this correction, sorry. With this adjustment,
the comment is a bit more reasonable, although I'd still say it's
generally fine to run Debian Testing on a personal desktop machine;
there are a number of distros that base themselves on Testing.

But yes, "unless" makes much more sense there.

ChrisA