Request for assistance (hopefully not OT)

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:27:29 EDT 2022

On 2022-05-17, Loris Bennett <loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> It might be possible to fix the system.  If will probably be fairly
> difficult, but you would probably learn a lot doing it.  However, if I
> were you, I would just install Debian stable over your borked system and
> then learn a bit more about package management.

Other then reinstalling, the easiest way to fix a broken system like
that requires access to a similarly configured system that isn't
broken. Find one of those, and start copying binaries from the working
system to the broken system. At some point, the broken system should
start to work well enough that you can re-install the packages you
broke by removing files behind the back of the package manager.

Whether that's going to be faster/easier than backing up your
configuration and data files and reinstalling Debian is another
question. My guess is that reinstalling would probably be faster.

FWIW, this is indeed off-topic for this group. It isn't a really
Python question, it's a Debian question.

--
Grant