tail

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:31:34 EDT 2022

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 07:27, Marco Sulla <Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 May 2022 at 22:09, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Have you actually checked those three, or do you merely suppose them to be true?
>
> I only suppose, as I said. I should do some benchmark and some other
> tests, and, frankly, I don't want to. I don't want to because I'm
> quite sure the implementation is fast, since it reads by chunks and
> cache them. I'm not sure it's 100% free of bugs, but the concept is
> very simple, since it simply mimics the *nix tail, so it should be
> reliable.

If you don't care enough to benchmark it or even debug it, why should
anyone else care?

I'm done discussing. You think that someone else should have done this
for you, but you aren't even willing to put in the effort to make this
useful to anyone else. Just use it yourself and have done with it.

ChrisA