Python/New/Learn

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:51:49 EDT 2022

On 2022-05-05, Mats Wichmann <mats at wichmann.us> wrote:

> Without having any data at all on it, just my impressions, more
> people these days learn from in-person or video experiences.

I've always been utterly baffled by video tutorials for
programming. There must be people who prefer that format, but it seems
like absolutely the worst possible option for me. You can't cut/paste
snippets from the examples. You have to constantly pause them so you
can try out examples. Sometimes it's not even easy to read the
examples. Perhaps if there was an accompanying web page or PDF...

> Depends on what floats your boat.

Indeed.

Of course there are the written tutorials where the examples don't
actually work -- that's always fun.

--
Grant