Python Qualification?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 29 20:49:53 EDT 2022

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:26:03 -0000 (UTC), alister
<alister.ware at ntlworld.com> declaimed the following:

>I'm currently considering a career change (not much choice actually just
>been made redundant).
>I'd like to be able to turn my interest in python to my advantage, What
>qualifications do employers look for?

	Strangely -- knowledge of Python was never a consideration in my
history... Having a familiarity with multiple languages, software
engineering principles, and requirements/design analysis were larger
factors.

	Python was something I used in support of the primary task, but was not
the end-product itself (for example, an evaluation of various secure
network filtering hardware, by sending serial numbered packets out one NIC,
through the filter, and in through a second NIC; capturing both out&in via
Wireshark; later merging the two captures into a single file of time
delays, and plotting the timing of the packets intended to pass through and
verifying that "classified" contents were blocked or sanitized).

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/