Set tkinter top-level window to "always on visible workspace"

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:54:17 EDT 2022

> I might be misguided, but on modern desktops that should be possible
> with a few mouseclicks. E.g. in KDE, there is a little pin icon
> displayed in every title bar of a toplevel window on the left side.

Correct, and that's what I'm currently doing. I'm lazy though. I want
the program to start always visible on the active virtual desktop. As
Cameron showed, this is possible. I have vague recollection of doing
this with the same program probably 15-20 years ago in an age when
window managers weren't largely configured with the mouse.
Unfortunately, I no longer recall what window manager(s) I used at the
time (probably twm or fvwm). Now I use fvwm4 and can't find squat
online about configuration files. I do have a ~/.config/xfce4/xfwm4/
directory, but it is completely empty.

Skip