Set tkinter top-level window to "always on visible workspace"

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 01:16:10 EDT 2022

Am 28.03.22 um 00:55 schrieb Skip Montanaro:
>> So you might tell your window manager to keep that window on the main
> workspace.
>
> Thanks. I'd forgotten about the possibility of doing this sort of thing in
> the window manager config. That would certainly be fine in this case. (It's
> been ages since I messed with this sort of thing.)

I might be misguided, but on modern desktops that should be possible
with a few mouseclicks. E.g. in KDE, there is a little pin icon
displayed in every title bar of a toplevel window on the left side. If
you click it, the window is shown on every workspace. There is also a
way to set properties for a window permanently, by right-clicking on the
title bar and then "enhanced attributes" (or similar, don't have KDE to
check it roght now here) which gives a menu with multiple options to
force the geometry. I don't know for GNOME desktop, but suspect it
should be similarly easy.

	Christian