Pycharm IDE: seeking an assist!

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 21 12:09:17 EDT 2022

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:36:50 +0000 (UTC), "Kevin M. Wilson"
<kevinmwilson1956 at yahoo.com> declaimed the following:

>The use of Java options environment variables detected.
>Such variables override IDE configuration files (*.vmoptions) and may cause performance and stability issues.
>Please consider deleting these variables: _JAVA_OPTIONS.
>
>Now I've opened the installed .bat files...append.bat, format.bat, inspect.bat, itedit.bat, and pycharm.bat!
>Of the Five(5) listed above, only 'pycharm.bat' contains statements setting up the IDE' run environment, beyond
>Seven (7) lines.
>
>Having searched the 'pycharm.bat' file for "_JAVA_OPTIONS", and the 'pycharm64.exe.vmoptions' file as well.

	The key words are "environment variables". The message is telling you
that you have things set on your computer that take effect regardless of
config files -- so will not be found IN the config files.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/procthread/environment-variables
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

	You may need to find out what you installed before that created the
environment variable -- since deleting the variable might affect how that
application operates.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/