Pycharm IDE: seeking an assist!

Kevin M. Wilson kevinmwilson1956 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 11:36:50 EDT 2022

Greetings Python coders,
            I have installed the Pycharm IDE, and upon successfully auto install of the path/environment statements.
The IDE opened and displayed (bottom right corner):
The use of Java options environment variables detected.
Such variables override IDE configuration files (*.vmoptions) and may cause performance and stability issues.
Please consider deleting these variables: _JAVA_OPTIONS.

Now I've opened the installed .bat files...append.bat, format.bat, inspect.bat, itedit.bat, and pycharm.bat!
Of the Five(5) listed above, only 'pycharm.bat' contains statements setting up the IDE' run environment, beyond
Seven (7) lines.

Having searched the 'pycharm.bat' file for "_JAVA_OPTIONS", and the 'pycharm64.exe.vmoptions' file as well.
I was able to add the line '-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=False', reboot, and still no JOY.
Message is still popping open, when the IDE first executes. No documentation have I found, details what
this option, the setting of...will do!

Any and all help, please!

Kevin

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 19:11