Reportlab / platypus bug?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 14 14:59:16 EDT 2022

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 19:17:31 +0100, Les <nagylzs at gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>Unfortunately, the reportlab-users mailing list is unavailable (I cannot
>subscribe). There is paid support but since I already have a workaround, I
>won't pay for this. I think this is a documentation error of the reportlab
>package. (They do not mention that stories cannot be reused.)

https://github.com/eduardocereto/reportlab/blob/master/src/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py
"""
A document is built when a DocumentTemplate is fed a sequence of Flowables.
The action of the build consumes the flowables in order and places them
onto frames on pages as space allows.  When a frame runs out of space the
next frame of the page is used.  If no frame remains a new page is created.
A new page can also be created if a page break is forced.
"""

	Well, the code does use the term "consumes"

	And down near the bottom (line 980 or so; this is a section that does
multiple passes for special cases)
"""
            # work with a copy of the story, since it is consumed
            tempStory = story[:]
            self.build(tempStory, **buildKwds)
            #self.notify('debug',None)
"""