"CPython"

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Thu Jun 23 11:42:25 EDT 2022

David,
I am curious why you are undertaking the effort to take a language already decades old and showing signs of being a tad rusty into a language that suggests further oxidation.
More seriously, I am interested in what this can gain and the intended user base. I studied Rust for a while and it has it's features but have had no opportunity to use it. Is it expected to make a faster version of Python, or enable better connections to libraries and so on?
What I mean is that if you are planning on making it pass all tests for python functionality, are you also adding unique features or ... ?
My preference is to have names that fully include what they are about. So the name "python" would be left intact rather than mangled, even if the name itself happens to be totally meaningless. So may I suggest something like """rustic-python""" ?