"CPython"

David J W ward.davidj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:29:41 EDT 2022

>> Let's say they reimplement "reference python" CPython in Rust. What is
>> better? Change the "reference python" CPython name to RPython, for
>> example, or let it as CPython?

>The C implementation would still be called CPython, and the new
>implementation might be called RPython, or RustyPython, or whatever.
>The names are independent of which one is currently blessed as the
>reference implementation.

I am at the pre planning stages of making a Rust implementation of the
Python virtual machine and to avoid ambiguity I've been working with Rython
as the name.   I tried looking for a Monty Python themed name but the good
ones seem to be taken.

Otherwise as for a timeline, solo I figure it's going to take me a couple
years to get something that actually passes cpython's python unit-tests.