traceback Shows path to my python libraries

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jun 21 12:11:00 EDT 2022

jschwar at sbcglobal.net wrote at 2022-6-20 13:49 -0500:
>I coded an application with a 64-bit executable using cython with the embed
>option and gcc and I received a traceback showing the path to my python
>installation.  Is that normal or does that mean the application is going
>outside of my executable to my python libraries?  I want it portable so it
>if is, then it's not portable.

The tracebacks are primarily for the developers.
Therefore, they identify source locations.
When you use `cython`, the compilation to "C" gets references
to the `cython` source (because those references are meaningful
for the developers). When a traceback is generated, the
`cython` source need not be available (you will then not
see the source line, only the line number and file information).