"CPython"

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 20 15:31:32 EDT 2022

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 20:01:51 +0100, Paulo da Silva
<p_d_a_s_i_l_v_a_ns at nonetnoaddress.pt> declaimed the following:

>Not so "unconfirmed"!
>Look at this article, I recently read:
>https://www.analyticsinsight.net/cpython-to-step-over-javascript-in-developing-web-applications/
>
>There is a sentence in ther that begins with "CPython, short for Core
>Python, a reference implementation that other Python distributions are
>derived from, ...".
>
>Anyway, I wrote "IMHO".
>
>Do you have any credible reference to your assertion "The "C" in
>"CPython" stands for C."?

	Well, let's start at the top...

https://www.python.org/download/alternatives/ ("traditional" implying
implemented in C).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPython

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17130975/python-vs-cpython
https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/why-learn-python-an-introduction-to-python/
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-various-implementations-python/

	There is some plagiarism between a number of web-sites, but they all
emphasize the "CPython" is a reference implementation and that it is
written in C vs Java (Jython), C# (IronPython -- which M$ may be
deprecating these days, based on some stuff in my last Visual Studio
update), or other....

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/