fill out bulletins

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Tue Jun 14 13:10:25 EDT 2022

I wish this discussion was simplified.
It sounds to me like what is wanted is a way to PRINT a filled-out form using some dynamic text that fits over designated slots in the data. It is not that different from many other tasks where you overlay some graphics with text.
You need a decent version of the graphics with enough pixels and the right size using something as simple as a scanner at higher resolution OR getting someone to give you a template in a form you can use.
Using a ruler or other tools, map out the rectangles you are going to be printing text in.
Use your own algorithms to take each snippet of text you want to print and do wrapping and resizing of the font or whatever it takes to make it fit.
Finally, overlay the text snippets on the image.
Then PRINT it on a decent printer.
>From what I hear, you seem not to need the original text anymore, but nothing stops your program with storing bits you will use again later and reusing them, or having a log of the original text used and so on.

Plan B might be to COPY your image on a ream of paper and then replace the paper in the printer so the next print writes on top of it. Create a template with just text that when printed will happen to write over the same spots.
As to what tools you can use, there are many to choose from. You asked on a Python list so you may want some of the Python Graphics utilities. In R, I might use ggplot which lets me set a background layer then draw objects above it at various offsets, as one of many things.
I know many businesses do things like this all the time such as having printers loaded with checks to be printed, or inserting an envelope into a slot on the printer to have the name and address printedin the right places.