Automatic Gain Control in Python?

Phil Boutros philb at philb.ca
Mon Jun 6 12:46:14 EDT 2022

Steve GS <Gronicus at SGA.Ninja> wrote:

> Maybe you do not understand smart speakers. That is exactly what they do.
> You tell them what podcast/broadcast to play, they get it and play it for
> you. It is that simple.
>
> All I want to do is change the audio levels automatically to make it easier
> on the ear.

    Once again, what you are telling the speaker to play is a
pre-recorded file.  Grab it.  Normalize it however you want (compared
to others, compared to set specs, compared to whatever tickles your
fancy).  Tell the speaker to play *that* file instead.  Done.

Phil
--
AH#61  Wolf#14  BS#89  bus#1  CCB#1  SENS  KOTC#4
philb at philb.ca  http://philb.ca