Automatic Gain Control in Python?

Phil Boutros philb at philb.ca
Mon Jun 6 12:38:46 EDT 2022

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> General principle: If you're asking someone else for help, don't tell
> them that your way is easier, because the obvious response is "go
> ahead then, do it your own way".

    *Ding Ding Ding*...We have a winner!  At least, that's where I
dropped off.  My experienced advice is all wrong for you?  Sorry I
couldn't help more.  Good luck to you.

> You're technically right in a sense: something that you already have
> is, indeed, easier than something else. But downloading files is
> *easy* in Python, and audio analysis on files is FAR easier than
> real-time audio analysis with hysteresis avoidance.

    Also this.

<snip>
> Unless you have a really good
> reason for sticking to the black-box system, I would strongly
> recommend going for the much much easier method of simply downloading
> the files as they are.

    As pretty much everyone else has said. Insisting on real-time
processing of something that is itself pre-recorded is non-sensical.

Phil
--
AH#61  Wolf#14  BS#89  bus#1  CCB#1  SENS  KOTC#4
philb at philb.ca  http://philb.ca