[Neuroimaging] what's the problem??????

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 15 13:11:26 EDT 2022

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 17:20:55 -0400, <avi.e.gross at gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>Dennis,
>
>I see Nati sent some more code without explaining again what he wants. Yes, somewhere in this stack of messages he may have said things (that we generally failed to understand) but it would be helpful to summarize WHY he sent us what he did or which lines to look at.

	And that code seems to be doing a lot of repetitive/unneeded
operations... Nothing from

		from nilearn import ...
		masker = ...

appears to depend upon the file name "nii" in the loop and should be
refactored to the top-level. The try/except block for sklearn looks like
another candidate to be pulled out of the file loop.

> If your suggestion is right, he may not understand dictionaries as a hashed data structure where you can access a.items() or a.keys() or a.values() if you want a list of sorts of the parts, or a[key] if you want a particular part.

	So far as I can tell, the OP only references ONE key in the dictionary,
but apparently expects that key to have multiple values. Yet there doesn't
seem to be a structure /holding/ multiple values -- unless

		a["Difumo_names"]

is, itself, returning a dictionary on which .values() can be applied. In
that case, the list() call is likely redundant as .values() already
returned a list (hmmm, is list(some_list) a no-op, or does it wrap
some_list into another list -- in the latter case, the indexing will fail
as there is only one element to access)

>    for i in estimator.covariance_:
>        r=list(a["Difumo_names"].values())[jsa]
>        jsa=jsa+1
>        a=dict()

	And there is the biggest fault... The OP is completely obliterating the
"a" dictionary, so subsequent passes in that loop have nothing to look up.

	"aas" gets initialized as a dictionary using {}, and never gets any
key:value pairs assigned to it, yet there is a print(aas) in the code.

	And that is as far as I can guess -- given the lack of example input
data, example /desired/ output... etc. There are too many apparent errors
in that code sample to even attempt to think what a result could be.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/