Python installation

Mark Pawelek mark4asp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:29:00 EDT 2022

I also have a windows installation issue on Windows 10:

ISSUE:  I cannot select a folder to install Python in. I want to put
it under Program Files. The 'installer' only wants to put it in
C:\users\Lenovo\AppData\local\Programs\Python\Python310

What do I do to alter the path to something like:
C:\Programs\Python310  or  C:\Program Files\Python310 ?

The installer I'm using is: python-3.10.5-amd64.exe - which I
downloaded today.

RELEVANT INFO:  It is a new Win10 PC, with i5-6500 CPU, and I added
the user less than a week ago the first time I used the PC since I
bought it on ebay (sold by a charity). Microsoft forced me to create a
user. I had to enter an email address and (local) password. I have an
online Microsoft account associated with that email address, so MS
validated me by texting a code to my mobile which I entered at the PC.
I didn't create the UserName: Lenovo. MS did [BTW: the PC 'Host Name'
is something else, but the 'System Manufacturer' = Lenovo]. This
Administrator user is the ONLY login user. The account details are:

Lenovo
Local User
Administrator

BTW: Python had already been installed 2 days ago when I modified
features for another program. I deleted that install before trying
this new one and YES - it was installed at:
C:\users\Lenovo\AppData\local\Programs\Python\Python38