What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

NArshad narshad.380 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 03:25:34 EST 2022

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:17:38 +1100, Chris Angelico <>
declaimed the following:

>Absolutely agree with making a console app first. Though I rather
>suspect the OP doesn't want to write any code at all.

I am not writing any code because I don’t know what code to do next. Still, I have made a dictionary now searching for what to do next in which one choice is MS SSIS and the second is numpy or pandas which AGross has written. If you want to see the code of making a dictionary then below it is:

xyz = {
    col[0].value: [cell.value for cell in col[1:]]
    for col in sheet.columns
}
print(xyz)

Now the problem is what to do next. If I had known, I must have submitted the whole project at my earliest convenience without coming over here in google groups.

-Dennis Lee Bieber:

>And again... You will not find anything like you want... NOBODY is
>going to write a web application using a spreadsheet as the primary data
>storage. A spreadsheet, and custom transformation code, MIGHT be used to
>initially populate a database. (M$ SQL Server Integration Services is a
>whole system for defining import/transformation/clean-up "functions" for
>data sources to data base). A spreadsheet might be available as a
>report/extraction format from the database.

The problem is I don’t want Excel spreadsheet as a report/extraction format I want to UPDATE the Excel spreadsheet automatically with the latest values which are only in the two column cells and I don’t know which cells. Is it possible using SSIS?

How you know so much about guns??

Why are you not in the favor of pandas if not openpyxl but if my problem is getting solved with MS SSIS then it's fine to leave openpyxl and pandas?

Avi Gross:

>Now forget the plain text file and consider the following. Read the EXCEL file one unit/cell at a time
>in whatever column and row the data starts. This is doable, albeit not necessarily ideal, and
>basically can be the same algorithm with a substitution in the part that gets the next line to getting
>the cell below it. Testing for the end of the file may be different too.
>But what I think makes a bit more sense is to set up the server to have a rather long-term process
>that sits there and waits for requests. It starts by reading all the data and perhaps modifying it
>once in the ways I suggest above. In python, you would now have some data structure such as a
>list or set or even dictionary or some variation from numpy or pandas. It does not matter much. The
>data structure holding all books, or maybe all unique book names, would be there and ready and
>waiting.
>Your program now sleeps until woken up and it is given the book name being searched for. It now
>simply needs to apply whatever transformations you want to the received name and then do one of
>many kinds of lookup to see if it is in the data structure representing the titles known to the library.
>Using a set or dictionary means no search as it hashes the result and rapidly finds out if it has
>previously been stored. Other methods like lists have choices between a brute force linear search if
>the data remains in the original order or letting python do the work by asking if it is "in" the list to
>more sophisticated methods like keeping it sorted and doing a binary search.
>I am guessing that for your need, a relatively unsophisticated method may work fine and it can be
>changed if your project scales up to millions of books and multiple people searching at the same
>time.

What you have written is difficult to find on google search and others. That's why writing all this to get something for search.