What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 22 21:54:23 EST 2022

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:17:38 +1100, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>Absolutely agree with making a console app first. Though I rather
>suspect the OP doesn't want to write any code at all.

	Oh, it's gone beyond suspicion -- considering that, at just 10 lines
per day, over the last 16 days, they should have 160 lines of code (whether
it works or not) that could be presented for evaluation. What is considered
industry standard? 10 lines an hour? Assuming the OP isn't spending time on
requirements analysis and documentation. (My best example is something I
did back around 1990: 18 months consisting of ~600 lines F77, ~2000 lines
of C, and ~2500 lines of DECWindow UIL definition; along with learning both
DECWindow and GKS within it -- so, yes, the overall total is about 2 lines
per day, but I had to develop/document requirements, present them to the
customer, get approval, develop/document the design, present /that/ to the
customer, get approval, before even getting to the code and writing a user
manual for the system... I suspect easily half the time was spent just on
paperwork.)

	All we've been shown is four lines, and that wasn't complete enough to
run stand-alone (presuming we ever see a sample of the data to be
processed. There's no complete CONOPS on how this application is to be used
(the most complete we've seen is "if the book is found, decrement some
counter, add user's name to another field" -- and? no report, no one else
is going to look at this information?).

	On my part (having no transportation, stuck in a neck brace after
having rolled over my late Jeep, etc.) the alternative to wasting time here
would be to dismantle an AR-10 class rifle and install an adjustable target
(but not top-end match) trigger and, if really ambitious, install an
improved trigger in my Ruger MK-II pistol (I have the parts for both --
just need to set up space and time to do the work).

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/