What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 22 12:45:06 EST 2022

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 02:22:14 -0800 (PST), NArshad <narshad.380 at gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>The user is going to enter the book name as the input of an HTML form on a website and I have to check whether the book is present or not in the Excel table. openpyxl preferred pandas is also fine anything left. Case sensitivity is not required. I tried to find code or tutorial on google search for all this but no use that's why..................
>
>This time the choice of HTML is right or not??

	HTML is the core basis for any web-site presentation -- no HTML, no
web-page.

	Interaction with a displayed web-page is via... CGI (individual scripts
that process returned data -- somewhat slow as originally each invocation
requires a full server process startup and shutdown; advances were made to
try to keep a single process running for multiple invocations), AJAX
(Javascript running in the browser making internet requests and modifying
the "document object model" [DOM] in the browser to update the page without
hitting the server for a full update transfer).

	Flask, Django, and some others are packages to consolidate what had
been static pages and CGI into a framework that handles an entire "site" --
via templates for look&feel, session management (and cookies) so that
interaction can be tracked to users (HTTP is a fire&forget system -- every
URL sent to the server is treated as a completely separate request).

	Above those frameworks are things like Zope -- so-called content
management frameworks.

	And again... You will not find anything like you want... NOBODY is
going to write a web application using a spreadsheet as the primary data
storage. A spreadsheet, and custom transformation code, MIGHT be used to
initially populate a database. (M$ SQL Server Integration Services is a
whole system for defining import/transformation/clean-up "functions" for
data sources to data base). A spreadsheet might be available as a
report/extraction format from the database.

	Using a web server means you have to be able to handle (near)
simultaneous requests from multiple users and be able to keep those
interactions distinct. That is going to require you to implement some sort
of access control for a spreadsheet, since spreadsheets are single-user
entities (you might get away with shared reading as long as you never need
to update any field in the spreadsheet; as soon as you need to update, you
need to be able to lock records so only one session can update it, and you
need to have a way for other sessions to detect such changes and update
that sessions display for review). On possibility might be to write a
separate process wherein only that process opens the spreadsheet -- all the
web-page stuff will have to generate complete I/O requests to the
spreadsheet process, it will make the changes, and return whatever data is
applicable ("complete" meaning that, if you need to change three fields in
a record, all three commands are provided as ONE request to the spreadsheet
process, and it does all the changes in the request before it goes on to
read the next request). This still falls short of detecting overlapping
changes -- two users want to do something with the same record; they each
read the record, then send commands to change the same field. Which ever
one is received first should complete, and the other needs to be rejected
and resubmitted.

	Show us code you've written, and we can assist in debugging it. But you
couldn't afford to have any of us write the application for you! (To cover
insurance, taxes, etc. an independent contractor would probably charge you
$100+ an HOUR -- and the first hours look like they'd be spent getting
detailed requirements from you, discussing design problems [spreadsheet as
data storage], before even getting to any coding. That's real-world
software engineering.)

	If you are doing a web application, how are you going to host it? Who
is responsible for managing the web server? Domain name? Firewalls?
Certificates if you need HTTPS rather than plain insecure HTTP.

	I have a Raspberry-Pi with Nginx serving static pages over insecure
HTTP as I've never applied for a certificate -- using a dynamic DNS
service. It is not suited for high-demand as it is behind my ISP router,
and my uplink rate is only a tenth of my downlink rate (which isn't the
fastest thing out there to begin with [Ugh -- Hope it's the weather -- my
downlink is down to 10Mbps, when nominal is closer to 14Mbps]). Someday I
may try creating a Flask application for it, just for learning.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/