NoneType List

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Sat Dec 31 15:58:35 EST 2022

On 31/12/2022 18.45, Goran Ikac wrote:
> A few days (weeks?) ago, I faced a problem trying to write a program for an
> exercise. I asked for help and nobody answered.

Looking back over the last six months of List-Archives, your name does
not appear against a single post. This may explain why "nobody answered".

However, ten hours after the above/first message, you posted again. This
time as "Thomas Passin". That was followed an hour-or-so later, with a
reply-to-self saying: "Everyone's answer to date has been too
complicated", and then basically repeating the information
previously-provided by a number of contributors.

It then goes on to talk about copying, sorting, adding, and even sets.
Much of which you had earlier said: "I know". Was there a further
question in there?

Which part of which answer did you find "too complicated"?

Did you try the experiments suggested, and read the references-provided?

Please ask a further question detailing what you have understood, and
what is still mystifying. Folk here endeavor to be helpful (see also,
earlier reference to the Python-Tutor list).

When asking a question here, please try to reduce the problem to its
simplest form, so that you're not asking volunteers to read
multiple-screens of irrelevant code. It will help to ask one question at
a time, or to carefully separate multiple questions.

Yes, this can be difficult when one is learning. That said, we all
started somewhere and are happy to help you to become a valued colleague!

--
Regards,
=dn