pip/setuptools: Entry points not visible from pkexec-root-environment

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 01:40:52 EST 2022

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 17:30, <c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> Am 18.12.2022 22:37 schrieb Mats Wichmann:
> > the which command uses your PATH, so I'm not sure you're buying
> > anything new there....
>
> I'm using which before entering pkexec. ;)
>
> I'll show a demonstrator project later.

Hmm, then I'm not sure what you're *losing* here. The problem, as I
understand it, is that the scripts are getting installed into
/usr/local/bin (which is on PATH at the time they're installed), but
pkexec has a restricted PATH. So if you use which before pkexec'ing,
wouldn't you find the scripts, and then be able to run them without
regard to PATH?

ChrisA