pip/setuptools: Entry points not visible from pkexec-root-environment

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Sun Dec 18 14:23:24 EST 2022

Dear Gerard,
thank you for your reply.

Am 18.12.2022 19:45 schrieb Weatherby,Gerard:
> "sudo python3 -m pip
> install -e ."
>
> You’ve already started down a problematic road. I recommend installing
> root level Python packages through your system package manager. (apt
> for debian, or whatever RedHat is using now).

I'm totally with you at this point.

It is clear for me that distro maintainers sometimes using different
mechanics.
But I'm the upstream maintainer and before handing offer a release to
the distro that thing need to run without a distro. And that is pip. I
also know a quit old project using "make" for that.

This question is independent from distros.

> I’ve never used pkexec. Generally, just use sudo.

They are two very different things. There is a strict reason why I need
to use pkexec here.