Download Python 3.10.6 for windows

George Rwaga g.rwaga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:16:11 EDT 2022

Thanks for the suggestions, Mrab and Eryk.

Because my R and RStudio are under program files, for consistency I
installed Python in C:\program files\Python\Python310. I updated to the
latest version of Spyder in C:\program files\Spyder\Spyder5.3.3. As with R
and RStudio, some Python and Spyder files were automatically installed in
C:\Users\George.Rwaga\AppData\Local. I am not sure why the default for
installing Python
is C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxxx\AppData\local\programs\Python\Python310.

Initial tests suggest Spyder 5.3.3 is working fine. The real test will
probably come when I try to run some of my old code based on such sources
as Python for Finance by Yves Hilpisch, a book by the same title by Yuxing
Yan, Python for Data Analysis by Wes McKinney, etc.

Again, thanks.

George