Download Python 3.10.6 for windows

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:06:32 EDT 2022

On 8/30/22, George Rwaga <g.rwaga at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I installed Python 3.10.6 in the default directory
> C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxxx\AppData\local\programs\Python\Python310
> After the installation, there was no shortcut on my desktop.

Shortcuts are created in the start menu. The installer doesn't modify
the user's desktop or the desktop of all users, which many users don't
want and would find annoying. Just copy the shortcuts from the start
menu to the desktop if that's what you want. Right-click the icon in
the start menu and choose to open the location. You can copy shortcuts
from the opened Explorer window.

> 2. I then decided to install Python3.10.6 in a customized directory
> C:\program files\Python\Python310
> I am being asked to verify access to this directly. I went to properties,
> made what I thought were the relevant changes. But I keep getting asked to
> verify access.

Installing to "Program Files" requires elevating to get administrator
access. All users have the right to read and execute files in a
directory created in "Program Files", but adding, removing, or
deleting files and directories requires administrator access, as it
should.