Persistent Error: Python was not found

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 15 10:27:56 EDT 2022

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:38:25 +1000, Mike Dewhirst <miked at dewhirst.com.au>
declaimed the following:

>If you want to execute a python script without first opening a cmd
>prompt, you need a bat file or shortcut which contains the command line
>you want executed. Give that a double-click and it should also work.

	I've never had to do that... But I have file associations set up so
that .py is considered to be an executable file.

	Just double-clicking on the file will run it. The problem is that it
will open a command shell, run, and then close the command shell UNLESS one
explicitly codes some sort of "hold" at the end of the program

	jnk = input("Press return to exit")

	.pyw extension does not open the command shell -- but is meant for
programs that use one of the various GUI frameworks, which is probably more
than the new-comer is ready to attack.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/