Persistent Error: Python was not found

Jonathan Owah owahjonathan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 07:55:17 EDT 2022

Good day,
Great job on making Python easily accessible.

I'm using a  Windows 10, 64gb HP EliteBook.

I've been trying to configure my laptop to run python scripts.
This is the error I keep getting:
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft
Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution
Aliases.

Everything I've tried has failed.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled
I've added to path, both user and system path,manually and from fresh
installation
I've downloaded from Microsoft Store
I've gone to manage app aliases and switched off
I've used Git Bash, Powershell, cmd

I'm able to check my python version: 3.10.6.

I can't do anything else and it's really frustrating.

I've been at it for days, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards