Parallel(?) programming with python

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 10 14:19:37 EDT 2022

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:33:04 +0200, "Dieter Maurer" <dieter at handshake.de>
declaimed the following:

>Schachner, Joseph (US) wrote at 2022-8-9 17:04 +0000:
>>Why would this application *require* parallel programming?   This could be done in one, single thread program.   Call time to get time and save it as start_time.   Keep a count of the number of 6 hour intervals, initialize it to 0.
>
>You could also use the `sched` module from Python's library.

	<sigh> Time to really read the library reference manual again...

	Though if I read this correctly, a long running action /will/ delay
others -- which could mean the (FFT) process could block collecting new
1-second readings while it is active. It also is "one-shot" on the
scheduled actions, meaning those actions still have to reschedule
themselves for the next time period.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/