Style for docstring

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Sat Apr 23 13:43:06 EDT 2022

Given what you added, Michael, your function is part of a larger collection of functions and being compatible with the others is a valid consideration. Whatever you decide, would ideally be done consistently with all or most of them.
And, of course, it others in the collection also can handle multiple ways to specify a permutation, it may be simpler to have each call something like as.permutation() that handlesmultiple forms and converts to the one easiest for you to use.
I am not sure that is needed as I suspect the simplest storage is something like a list:  [0,3,2,4,5,6,7,1,9,8] but could also be shown with each cycle as a sub-list or something like anumpy vector or a customized class.
Clearly if you control the package and how it is used, errors from bad data may not be a concern. But like many Boolean return(s) it is always a problem how to deal with a third possibility.