Python app on a Mac

Alan Gauld learn2program at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:21:03 EDT 2022

On 15/04/2022 19:53, MRAB wrote:

>> When I start the program I get a Terminal window as well
>> as the GUI. On Windows I'd run it with pythonw and in Linux
>> Does anyone know how to launch a Python program from the
>> desktop without a Terminal window (or at least with an
>> iconified one!) Does it require Applescript or somesuch?
>>
> There's an answer here:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50792048/running-a-python-script-without-opening-terminal

Yes, I've already done all that. The script runs and the GUI
displays but so does a Terminal in the background. The SO answer
does mention you can get the Terminal to close when the
script terminates whhich would be better than now. However,
another answer mentions something called Automator, which
I'll need to Google...

Thanks for the pointer though.

--
Alan G