Python app on a Mac

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Apr 15 20:18:31 EDT 2022

On 15/04/22 10:51 pm, Alan Gauld wrote:
> Does anyone know how to launch a Python program from the
> desktop without a Terminal window (or at least with an
> iconified one!) Does it require Applescript or somesuch?

The easiest and most reliable way is probably to use Automator
with a Run Shell Script action, and save it as type Application.

The command should be something like

/path/to/desired/python /path/to/my/python_file.py

Note that the current directory will probably be the user's home
directory, so it's best to use full pathnames for everything.

--
Greg