Posts from gmane no longer allowed?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:07:01 EDT 2021

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:37 PM Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out how to set up mutt with oauth2 for
> gmail, but have run into a wall there too: Google doesn't want to let
> me create an "application" unless I have my own domain pre-registered
> with Google.
>
> Perhaps after 20+ years participating here, it's time to call it
> quits.

Not sure what the significance of the "application" is - Google has
different services for where you're using it with your own domain, but
that shouldn't be relevant. If you want to use Gmail with mutt, you
should be able to do that, regardless. (Or you can just use some other
email address to post from, that would also work.)

ChrisA