on writing a while loop for rolling two dice

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:58:04 EDT 2021

On 2021-09-08, charles hottel <chottel at earthlink.net> wrote:

> So what do yoy think or feel about a language like RATFOR (Rational
> FORTRAN) which was implemented as macros?

The RATFOR implementations I've seen weren't done using macros. It was
a preprocessor, yes. But it generates code for the various structured
statement types (while, for, if/then/else) and source structures
(open/close brace) the way a compiler does, even though the generated
code is FORTRAN66 rather than assembly or bytecode or whatever.