Scraping of Google Map to get the address of locations for given geocodes.

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Thu Sep 2 19:46:19 EDT 2021

On 2021-09-02 at 20:12:19 -0300,
Michio Suginoo <msuginoo at reversalpoint.com> wrote:

> I have the following question regarding how to scrape Google Map to get
> address based on a given list of geocodes.
> Given a list of geocodes (latitude; longitude) of locations, I would like
> to scrape municipalities of all the spots in the list. How can I do that?
>
> For example, I have
>
>   lat      lon
>
> 1)     -34.5722317      -58.4314464
>
> 2)     -34.553906       -58.4520949
>
> 3)     -34.5661444      -58.4964289
>
> 4)     -34.5648053      -58.4431567
>
> 5)     -34.5664089      -58.4323004
>
> 6)     -34.5664089      -58.4323004
>

> And I want to get the name of municipality (city/town), or alternatively
> the address, of each location.
>

> I would appreciate it, if anyone can advise me how to do that.

Is scraping Google Map a hard requirement?

Both geopy¹ and geocoder² can translate those coordinates into street
addresses directly, and their documentation even explains how to bypass
the libraries and go straight to the service providers.

¹ https://geopy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
² https://geocoder.readthedocs.io/