The sqlite3 timestamp conversion between unixepoch and localtime can't be done according to the timezone setting on the machine automatically.

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 1 11:06:37 EDT 2021

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 09:38:30 +1000, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>Yeah, I have no idea where the "farmers" explanation came from.
>Growing up, we had some friends in countrified areas, including a
>sheep farmer who showed us a ton of stuff about how shearing worked,
>how moronic sheep are, and how farming life actually operates. It's
>not uncommon for such people to have two clocks: Government Time and
>Sun Time. Like you say, no cow wears a watch!

	Not only do the cattle not have timepieces -- but they probably expect
to be milked /n/-hours after the prior milking.

	I think the DST was meant for industrialization -- factories wouldn't
have to run expensive artificial lighting for part of the day-shift; there
would be more natural light falling in through the south facing windows on
the roof of the building.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/