Use Chrome's / Firefox's dev-tools in python

Martin Di Paola martinp.dipaola at gmail.com
Sat May 22 15:53:04 EDT 2021

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure but I think that I understand what you are trying to
do. I faced the same problem a few months ago.

I wanted to know when a particular blog posted a new article.

My plan was to query the blog every day running a python script, get the
list of articles it has and comparing them with the list of the previous
day.

I used Selenium (https://selenium-python.readthedocs.io/) and on top of
that I implemented a thin layer to manipulate the web page called
"selectq" (https://github.com/SelectQuery/sQ)

You could write a similar script.

Using Selenium or selectq will open a web browser but given that it is
fully automated, it should not be a problem (well, yes, it may run a
little slow however).

The good side is that both can inject javascript if you have to.

Would this work for you or am I saying nonsense?

Thanks!
Martin.