Python install failing. Install log is available.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri May 21 10:48:44 EDT 2021

On 5/21/21 8:25 AM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> An install for all users will drop it into someplace different - by
> default at the top of the drive, so e.g. C:\Python39.

I just did an install of 3.9 on Windows 10. There was an option to
install the launcher for all users but no option for installing Python
for all users if you go through with the default install options.  When
I chose to install the launcher for all users, it still installed Python
in the my user local AppData... path.

In order to select to install for all users, I had to choose custom
options during the install. Then I could choose to install for all
users, and it let me select a path which defaulted to C:\Program
Files\Python39.  As well I selected to place Python in the path, which
it did.