memory consumption

Stestagg stestagg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:56:24 EDT 2021

> > 2. Can you try a test with 16 or 32 active workers (i.e. number of
> > workers=2x available memory in GB), do they all still end up with 1gb
> > usage? or do you get any other memory-related issues running this?
> Yes. They will consume 1Gb each. It doesn't matter how many workers I
> have,
> they behave exactly the same. We can even forget about Flask and Celery.
> If I run this code in Python console, behavior will remain the same.

Woah, funky, so you got to a situation where your workers were allocating
2x more ram than your system had available?  and they were still working?
Were you hitting lots of swap?

If no big swap load, then it looks like no problem, it's just that the
metrics you're looking at aren't saying what they appear to be.