python documentation

python at blackward.eu python at blackward.eu
Sat Mar 27 15:02:52 EDT 2021

You say: "The point is that there are those who use Python 2 and don't
want to move to Python 3, claiming that it's easier to switch from
Python 2 to some other language than from Python 2 to Python 3. That's
what seems questionable."

And I say, forcing people to do things they do not want to do is a
little more questionable. There are reasons, why people "don't want to
move to Python 3". Maybe you should concentrate more on developing
Python 3 a little more attractive then in burning witches?

But for my part, this discussion is ended, it does not lead to anything.
At least in this point I agree with Chris.

Cheers, have a good time
Dominik

On 2021-03-27 18:53, MRAB wrote:
> On 2021-03-27 17:03, python at blackward.eu wrote:
>> You write, that "Everyone claims that it's easier to move to some
>> other
>> language rather than to migrate to Python 3".
>>
>> Thank you for sharing this remarkable information!
>>
> You've quoted him partially and incorrectly. He said "Everyone claims
> that it's easier to move to <some other language> rather than to
> migrate to Python 3, and I'm calling people's bluffs now."
>
> The point is that there are those who use Python 2 and don't want to
> move to Python 3, claiming that it's easier to switch from Python 2 to
> some other language than from Python 2 to Python 3. That's what seems
> questionable.

>>> FUD. Lots and lots of FUD. More reasons to not promote your
>>> distribution. Use it if you will, but it doesn't merit any further