python documentation

python at blackward.eu python at blackward.eu
Fri Mar 26 23:15:15 EDT 2021

No, I am not encouraging, I am just offering the possibility.

Python and its community once was not dogmatic. At least this was my
impression when I started - after all Python originally had been
designed to be multi paradigmatic. This spirit of freedom was one mayor
reason for Python to grow so fast - from my POV.

But freedom is constituted by freedom of choice.

It might be a good thing to recommend people to switch to Python 3.*, it
might be a bad idea to FORCE people to do so by taking away the
possibility to install Python 2.7.*; some people tend to react badly
when infantilised.

If I am right, the Python 2.7.* installers still are provided on the
python.org website. So long as this is done, I cannot see a reason not
to list a 'distribution' using Python 2.7.* in said list, right?

By the way, there is more, Blythooon offers beyond what I already have
written in the last email. Otherwise please name me another comparable
MINIMAL 'distribution', which is compiled specifically for scientific
FRONTend development? In terms of diversity I also cannot see, why
Blythooon MUST have something special to be listed? Is it not enough,
that it is another one?

But, in the end, this naturally is not my decision.

Cheers, Dominik